I’m just back from two car-free weeks in Maryland/Washington DC. My local transport costs.
- $24 round trip (fossil fuel powered) bus fare to DIA
- $20 round trip (fossil fuel powered) Metro fare from DCA
- $60 (fossil fuel powered) taxis
- $10 (fossil fuel powered) Marc train
- $10 Bicycle brake pads
Had I used cars :
- $20 round trip driving to DIA
- $120 parking at DIA
- $500 car rental DCA
I saved over $500 and was happy on my bicycle vs. miserable in the traffic. Plus the airport buses are much more convenient than driving.